Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Love Sick


So I recently attempted something completely foreign to me, I am trying a friendship with my ex-boyfriend. Now I know what you are thinking, have you gone mad? Has all this love and relationships finally got to you? It could be true. As if things weren't bad enough the first time, we thought we try it again. We weren't your typical couple either, didn't break up, make up, try again, break up, and repeat. We broke up and it was over. Til now I guess.

It's so touch and go. I don't know most days what I'm doing so why would this be any different. I know I'm not the first one to ever try this on, but really when women say let's stay friends, they really only mean let's stay friends until you realize how amazing I am and we get back together. But that's not what I'm thinking. I like being friends with him.

So now what? How does this all work? All of a sudden we are girlfriends who chat on the phone, hang out with each others families, and trade relationship advice. It's not as easy as that. There are all these old feelings to sort out. I wonder why now? Why three years later do we think it's a good time to reconnect? I'm not sure. I am sure I was 97% over all this before I started being friends with him last November. But now that other 3% come out. All the insecurities, the hurt, the love, the time it all took to heal. It's all very real again.

I'm not sure that that is a good thing. So I guess the next step is figuring out how we take that passion and that love to a purely platonic relationship. Can it be done you wonder? I'm about to find out.

I'll keep you posted.

Bridal Tip #1 - "Do you know what love is? It's a marketing tool." Keep in mind ladies, your wedding is not it for you. This is the beginning of a lifelong relationship, it is not about shredded or mashed potatoes.

XOXO - The Event Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment