Monday, July 18, 2011

Facebook

Oh facebook. It's obnoxious almost how everything has gone to facebook. I find out who's pregnant, who's getting married, divoriced, engaged. And not just that but you can see it all too, via pictures, video, blogging. Kids and pregnancy tests. Wedding and honeymoon. Why the obsession? It starts to overwhelm me to look at it all. To be so involved in other peoples lives. I can barely keep track of myself, let alone you and your five kids, three step-kids, and a toy poodle. It's amazing what goes on facebook these days. I'm not going to lie to you, it's not my thing, so I will tell you what. I check facebook on my phone when I get a notice, or I'm bored at lunch. But I don't actually go online but maybe once a week or less. I just don't. I know you are thinking get to the point, so I will, finally, on the occassional night that I do log on, I still think it's fantastic. Fucking fantastic. I have succumb myself to posting cute pictures of the puppy and funny inside jokes. I like the occassional chit chat with an old friend. I chuckle at silly photos of children and animals. It's an obsession. I have to make a conscious effort to stop, like all of the other addictions I give in to. Fucking facebook. Keeping up with the Jones' they call that. Or did I make that up? I think I'd better sign off and just try to keep up with Jessica.

No comments:

Post a Comment