Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Balancing Act


Some of the people I have to deal with in my job are crazy. I’ve come to the conclusion that most people are in fact nutty. Right now I have an old lady calling me weekly to complain about an event. Lady, get over it. The staff kicked you out at 10pm three weeks ago and I have apologized a gazillion times. What do you want from me?! I honestly just believe that some people have so much time on their hands that they have to create something for themselves to do. Maybe it gives there life meaning. Who knows. But really, I wish I had time to sit around calling people to talk about what they think they heard, then writing up bitchy emails to send to the little sales girl at no-name hotels USA. Give me a break. I can’t even remember all of the individual complaints I take. People are greedy and picky and mean. I understand to a point when you are paying for a product you expect it to be worth it. But yelling at me only pisses me off and when I’m usually the only one that can help the situation you definitely want me on your side. Last month it was a crazy skeleton thin blonde with insane ideas about business and the IQ of a rock screaming at me that I’m a terrible person. All because she inhaled too much glitter putting her makeup on in the morning and couldn’t understand a contract. Honestly one of the oddest people I have ever met, I recall April when she came in with three children triplets that she had through invitro. Yes she really told me that. The children had long hair and were dressed in Princess Jasmine looking outfits. I kept saying how beautiful they were and they made such good princesses. After crazy and her kids left my boss proceeded to tell me that all her kids were boys. Neat Jessica. Honest mistake. This woman is probably mid fifties, doesn’t wear a bra, and was fired from the company 10 years ago for drinking on the job. After the disaster that was her event which consisted of her screaming and pointing in my face, yelling at the staff, and calling me trash, she decided to call exactly one month later to threaten me and tell me that I should be ashamed of myself. This is all inside a month and only two of the crazy client stories I have. There was the client that brought me brownie bites on my birthday. Or the Tech Wizards that sent flowers. Or the WWII Veteran that grabbed my butt while I was serving at a banquet last week. And my friends and family wonder why I screen my phone calls and they never see me. Hotel life and catering drama my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment