Monday, October 17, 2011

Broke Girls


I'm overwhelmed lately. By work. By guys. By family. By bills. Life seems to get more stressful everyday. I realized this watching 2 Broke Girls tonight. That's my life. I don't wait tables but it's the same type of abuse. Customer service. I was busy all day. I woke up late. 45 minutes late to work. Only there 15 minutes and I was with a client for an hour. He talked for an hour. About cars. Talk about my worst nightmare. I wasn't even sure why he stopped by. About 35 minutes in I asked him if he wanted to sign a contract. He was like sure. I think maybe he stopped by just for shits and giggles. It then took me another 20 minutes to get rid of him. I started to answer emails but I had a stack of issues to deal with first thing. How obnoxious. Billing mistakes, client complaints. People complain about everything. I got up to go pee and ran into a client in the lobby who wanted another hour or so of my time. Realistically his party does not fit in the space and I have no idea why he wants to book with me so bad. Then another super long conversation in the lobby about the army versus the airforce. I did the same tour and bull shit with him on Friday last week. This was just the extended version and he wants to come again this week. I really want to book the event. I like him. I don't actually mind bsing with him. I get back to the office and it's 1:30. I haven't even started my report and I'm starving so I eat some crackers at my desk. I took a short break for a diet coke and to heat my mac and cheese then chained myself back to the desk til 7. I work my ass off, deal with other people's time frames, attitude problems, issues, and somehow I still ended up sitting in front of my online banking trying to allocate my last few dollars to bills and realizing I don't have enough to pay them all. So then I have to prioritize which ones to pay and that's power I don't like to have. I have no idea what to do. 2 Broke Girls tonight they were avoiding their bills and not answering the phone. It's funny cause it's true. All of us broke bitches are glued to our Comcast til they shut it off, laughing because we spent too much in Vegas, paid too much for shoes, hit Ross one too many times this pay period to pay all the bills this month. And honestly what's a girl to do? It's tough enough just being a girl in the world. It's worse to be a broke girl in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment