Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Event Diva


I am not the only, nor the first, to ever choose a life in events. And I must say I absolutely love it. I started doing what I do almost exactly two years ago. The time has flown by. I am currently getting into my busiest season of the year. Wedding season! I can't believe it is that time again. I think that being in this job makes the year pass faster. Always planning ahead. I wonder if I am ever living for now. Rather than July or August or better yet October when wedding season is finally coming to an end. I think that getting a ring is like a license to go crazy. It's all about bridesmaids, dresses, color swatches, cake tasting, and so much more. God forbid something go wrong, a vendor back out or your cake melts or your linens are stained. I have to be honest though. I love it. The drama and the high stress. The planning and the anticipation. It's amazing. Most days, I think I am the luckiest person in the world. I get to go to work every day and do something that I love. Something that challenges me and excites me. I love being part of such and exciting and special time in someones life. They say those who plan, don't wed. But I think it makes me so hopeful for the future. I'm excited for my family and my friends to fall in love. I think that it is a beautiful and honest place to be. I imagine that someday it will happen for me. You would think as an event coordinator I would not want a lavish big event, something simple yet posh. That's wrong. I can't wait. I am totally going to be a crazy bridezilla. I want to have a smallish wedding of 250 to 300. I want to have an amazing white dress. I want to have Chiavari chairs, full length linens, toppers, crazy beautiful centerpieces, floral to die for, classy bridesmaids dresses (it can be done), expensive photography. a 4 or 5 tiered cake, oh my list goes on and on. Since this is what I want, this is what I work towards. Making your event a dream come true, your day, your vision, your experience. It's so powerful. I make peoples visions come to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment